Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What happened to Summer?!

I feel like it is almost over! Ok I know it is just a little over half way over but I am already getting things in the mail for school registration. So I am wondering where did summer go? Stores are putting out their school supplies, fall clothing, backpacks, sniff, sniff, sniff... Other than the heat I LOVE summer.

I LOVE...

...having the kids home from school

...not having a bedtime for everyone

...not having to worry about homework

...going to the pool~which we have yet to do this year

...to BBQ~I know with our covered porch we do it all through the year but it is MUCH better in the summer for some reason

...having sunlight into the evening

...the color green and seeing it every day

...parades

...fireworks

...camping

...campfires

...fireflies

...flip flops~I know, I know, I wear them year round

...flowers

...vegetable garden

...crickets, unless they get inside

...moisture from the swamp cooler~feels like home ;)

...summer salads

...family reunions

...DCI~Drum Corps International

...night games

...hanging out outside in the evenings when it is comfortable

Quite the list eh? What I AM looking forward to is the new season of TV shows. Really they shouldn't have had summer vacation after the writers strike! Here's to the rest of the summer. Enjoy it while it is here...



1 comment:

Dawney said...

I'm with ya until you hit the flip-flops and the camping! :)