Thursday, October 2, 2008

I did WHAT????

You know you're really over tired when: You write a note excusing your child from school & don't remember it!
Yes, it's true...Izzy had a headache and asked to stay home from school right after I got home from work and so when I woke up later on I assumed she had stayed home. When I got a call from her to let me know she was over at her friends house around 3:30Pm I was confused!
"What? How come you are over at a friends house when you didn't go to school?" I asked.
"Mom, don't you remember writing me a note to get me back into school late?"
"WHAT?! I didn't do that." I insisted.
"Yeah you did Mom."
I was blown away. I think I would remember that!
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah. I woke you up to tell you my headache was gone & I needed a note to get back into school & you said sure. So I got ready for school & went to get the note & you were asleep so I got paper & a pen, woke you up & you wrote a note for me to get back into school."
"Really?" STILL blown away by this fact and really having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I wrote a note in my sleep.
"Yeah."
"Ok then I guess I'll see you later then."
Immediately I am running out to the garage to talk to Mathew.
"Did I write a note for Izzy to get back into school?"
"I didn't so you must have. She had a note."
Needless to say, 13 hours later I am STILL blown away that this even happened.
You know you are tired when you do something like that...silver lining???? I don't DRIVE her to school!

1 comment:

Dawney said...

ha! ha! I think we all do crazy stuff like that every now and again- if it keeps happening then maybe you should look into a Alzheimers ward. ;-)