Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things Gina shouldn't tell Laney...because she believes them!

You just HAVE to love the older siblings! Whenever we go to Spanish Fork we drive by the Lotus Temple where they have a huge Llama farm. Laney LOVES the Llamas...not sure WHY but that is because I am NOT a fan! It never fails that she points it out to me
"Look Mom, the Llamas!"
Gina: "hey Laney, when you die, you'll turn into a Llama"
Me: "GINA!"
Laney: "Mom I be a Llama"
Me: "No Gina was teasing"
Laney: "I be a Llama tomono" (tomorrow)...EVERYTHING is tomorrow with the kid!
Gina: GIGGLING
Me: "No Laney you won't be a Llama"
Laney: "I die tomono & be a Llama"
Gina: GIGGLING
Me: "I give up"
Of course we tell this to Mathew when we get home & he joins in...I give up at this point
Mathew: "Laney I thought you wanted to be a bird"
Laney: "I be a bird?"
Mathew: "That is what you wanted to be yesterday"
Laney: "Gina! When I die, I be a bird not Llama"
Gina: GIGGLING
SHE STILL THINKS SHE WILL TURN INTO EITHER A LLAMA OR A BIRD WHEN SHE DIES
...Later that same day...
Gina has Jared over & laney keeps bugging them. Of course we ALL know how Gina likes to talk...and talk...and talk... Well, Laney can give that girl a run for her money! So she keeps telling Jared & Gina stories...probably about turning into a Llama or a Bird...and Gina keeps telling her to be quiet & stop talking to them. Does Laney listen??? Jared finds this all very entertaining as opposed to Gina's frustration. Finally Gina says "Laney, if you don't stop talking you're going to blow up!"
BIG HUGE crocodile tears well up in her eyes and she runs away crying. Jared scolds Gina for saying that...I REALLY like this kid...and Gina goes to calm her down.
Moral of the story, 3 year olds believe EVERYTHING! Maybe I can convince her I know EVERYTHING...just like I convinced the other ones...SHHH they still think I do!

No comments: