WOW! Only a few days left before school starts & life gets structured again...I am really NOT looking forward to school starting again. We had a good fun summer with few incidents that caused stress & contention around the house. Thank goodness :) Of course it was a busy week again with getting ready for school & making sure the older ones are in the right classes...boy was THAT a challenge! How can schools think that we as parents can change EVERYTHING (plans) just to change a schedule at the only time THEY will allow it?!?!?! Especially when it is because the teacher wants the child in that class????
Okay, let me explain: Thursday August 11 to do list: Visit teach, change Gina's schedule, change Mikes schedule, stop @ grocery store for MORE bread, take kids to pool, Izzy's violin fiddle festival, make card for neighbors Birthday & deliver with gift, Gina...yet ANOTHER drum line party. Sounded pretty easy. Had a great visit with Marilyn & was headed out the door to Jr. high with Gina, Mike & Laney in tow. Got his schedule & realized that he was put into the WRONG band class. Either the scheduling counselors screwed up OR Mrs. Elliott screwed up...again. Pf course are the counselors available to change this??? Technically...NO. LUCKILY the counselor for the k-z students WAS in and was very accommodating. Check #2 off the list. Grocery store...the usual with out the Laney meltdown that usually happens when there are the older kids with her. Check #3. High school...can you say IDIOT secretary??????? We TOLD her that we needed to change Gina's schedule that the counselor couldn't do on Tuesday due to not enough time & said "just come back on Thursday to finish this" Secretary tells us to go to the counselors office & says that they might be @ lunch still but should be back in 10 minutes. Okay so we go wait...and wait...and wait. Thank goodness there is an elevator to entertain Laney. Counselors FINALLY showed up 10 minutes late & they can't change her schedule until 6PM...same time as Izzy's fiddle festival...GRRRRR. Did I mention that the counselor NEVER told Gina it had to be in the evening??? Of course we could have come back next week & PAID for each class changed. At this point I have HAD it & we headed home. Time for plan Z. We axed the pool because we would have only had a few hours there & I was able to make the Birthday card. We ate dinner @ 5pm & the kids who were supposed to be home by 5 were LATE! I ran Gina over to the HS & it was a ZOO. We couldn't get everything worked out by 5:50 so I left Gina there, got the kids & headed to the park...Gina would meet us there when she was finished. Izzy did great but my phone died about the time it started so I couldn't text with Gina about the class changes she needed to make...GRRRRR. So just as the fiddle kids were finishing their last fiddle song, Gina is walking across the bridge to the park. She felt SO bad that she missed it. Oh well she had her classes changed & it was good that she did because she had to rearrange EVERY class just to switch from Jazz Band to Percussion ensemble...would have cost me around $70 to change had I needed to pay for it! All because the band teacher wants her in percussion ensemble & will just give her the music for Jazz Band...does that count as 2 credits??? LOL by the half year mark last year she had met all of her fine arts credits!
Can you say OY! I was SO happy that most of the day was over. Of course when the kids left the house a little later, Laney followed & I had to chase her around the pond. I didn't get to sleep before midnight which sucked because I had to work @ 6AM for the first time EVER! But I survived as did the rest of the family.
Christmas 2016
9 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment