Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 17 - August 23

Remember when August USED to be considered a part of Summer & NOT the beginning of school????? Well maybe the people who grew up in Utah never really had that but growing up in Minnesota school doesn't start until the day after Labor Day. I feel like school starts earlier each year & we just are overloaded the week it starts...doesn't help that we have a few Birthdays! LOL


So Sunday was Mikes 13th Birthday. We had a nice relaxing day, had Mathew's famous BBQ chicken...he's STILL keeping the secret...corn on the cob...oh it was SO sweet...chocolate cupcakes & rainbow sherbet. Most of the day was spent with the kids playing Air Soft with the new birthday gifts. Can you believe they went through almost 5000 air soft pellets?!?!?! OY! Our lawn is now green & red...looks like Christmas!

Monday was a busy day of visiting the new schools and teachers. Everyone is pretty happy with who they got. Izzy just isn't happy with the kids in her class!


Tuesday we celebrated the last day of "summer" by going to the pool for the last time. I HATE saying goodbye to the pool. It's just SO much fun! I really want a pool in the back yard more than ANYTHING...a BIG pool that is ;) Please no little plastic pools...the dog just pops them! Going to the pool and wearing everyone out was a good idea because they ALL went to bed early & got enough sleep so they could wake up early. Sorry Dawney no night before "I'm so excited I can't sleep" over the first day of school. Or did I just come up with a cure for the "I'm so excited I can't sleep" issue???? Try it, you might LIKE it!

Wednesday was such a double edged sword for me. Where I was able to get MY computer time back & it is SO much quieter with just Laney & Isaac at home...I missed having the older kids at home with us. Could it be possible to LIKE the constant chaos in our home when it is full of kids? Or am I just PSYCHO?! I am leaning towards the latter & I am sure the rest of you are too...IF you truly know me, that is! True to my own memories of the first day of school, there as at least 1 teacher that both Gina & Mike had that gave homework. Ahhh, Izzy & Gabe were REAPING the rewards of still being STUCK in elementary school...and giggling about it too.

Thursday was, well just Thursday & nice...Friday was very similar...Saturday NOT SO MUCH!

Mathew went into the boys room to look at something on their wall & discovered that it was MUSHY!!!! Did you know their bedroom is underneath the kitchen? The trap under neath the disposal had rusted through & was leaking like a sieve & we don't know for how long. SO while I slept all day (I worked all night Friday) Mathew fixed the drain, dried it all out, replaced drywall, the floor of the cabinet under the sink, insulation...next is the boys bedroom wall. Don't even want to THINK about that one right now because the washer quit spinning around too. Was anyone expecting rain & sent it our way instead???? Just so you know, its POURING! PRAY for just needing a belt replacement (we have a front loader) & not more than that. Although it is still under the Sears repair plan, whew! If it is just the belt Mathew will do that so we don't have to WAIT for the repair man...GRRRRRR
Over all it was a week & we all got through it with a smile...mostly in part to Laney's success in potty training :) She only had 1 accident! WTG Laney! Hope your week was a good one! Enjoy the weekend...or what is left of it!

No comments: