skip to main |
skip to sidebar
U2~The Early Years
...to be exact, their first few alblums. "Boy" U2's debut alblum in 1980. Talk about some great tracks. This was what originally attracted me to the band back in the day. Their raw grating sound just did it for me musically. I love that as their music has evolved over almost 30 years (((gasp))) you can still hear the raw grate. Gotta love The Edge! How he can play that guitar and get that sound of it is just amazing. Honestly when I listen to new music I can usually tell who's music it is when I hear the vocals but I can tell U2 by his steely guitar licks. Granted Bono DOES have an amazing voice. It's strong, clear, true to tone but gravely at the same time, an AMAZING tenor when he hits those high notes...lets face it...he has a sexy voice. I love how you can hear his Irish accent more in their earlier work than now. "October" came out in September of 81...had it been now some PR rep would have played up the whole "October" thing and it would have been released in October...gotta love progress (yes I AM rolling my eyes). Yet another great alblum from the boys from Dublin. Now I admit that as much as I loved the first 2 alblums, the next 3 that followed just ROCKED! I loved how political they became with the release of "War" 1983 (Feb). "Under A Blood Red Sky" 1983 (Sept) followed suit with a few of the same tracks, as well as the sound and politics. "The Unforgetable Fire" 1984 is where we will end our blog on U2~the early years. They rode out this alblum until 1987 when they hit mega-star status thus ending an era of beginning. What followed I don't think even THEY thought was possible. Now I personally feel that U2 is the BEST rock band ever. I feel their music deep down in my bones. Their lyrics speak to me and motivate me. I also admire their devotion to helping the world become a better place. It's just an all around great package when you think about it. If I included ALL of the music I love from these alblums the music on this blog would last for a few hours so I limited myself to the ones most people know. ENJOY THE MUSIC...
No comments:
Post a Comment